Another thing I learned from this article is that there are all kinds of 'tasking'. Crenshaw discusses backround tasking and switch tasking. I know myself I do both of these and I do them daily. For example, I can't read or do home work with out listening to music or having the tv on. Sadly, with out these uses of sound I can't concentrate. I'm the kind of person where I don't like silence. (This explains why I have a 'loud' personality.)When I clean my room I switch task from cleaning my room to finding old pictures and realizing I have just gone down memory lane for 2 hours. Then again, that is a simple example of becoming distracted.
Crenshaw's advice of schedule what you can schedule was very helpful for me because I get really irritated when I go to check my Facebook and everyone messages me. I'm the kind of person that just checks my Facebook and the I usually can't stay on because I'm too busy. After reading this article I am going to commit to just checking my Facebook once in the morning and once at night. DEAL :) Upon reading this article, I decided to GOOGLE statistics in college students along with all age groups about multitasking. Here's what I found:
http://www.keyorganization.com/time-management-statistics.php Also, I found this website which gives even more advice on multitasking. I founds these points also helpful.
http://www.whatmakesthemclick.net/2009/11/04/7-strategies-to-replace-multi-tasking/

No comments:
Post a Comment